No I haven’t bought a Premiership club like Chelsea F.C. so I haven’t stepped into the footsteps of Roman Abramovitsj yet. But who knows what the future holds? Nevertheless I have always loved football (soccer for US or Canadian people) and when the sponsor of my brothers football team decided to quit, I volunteered to be the new sponsor. The outfits are ready and I must say that they are looking really nice.
That’s the number 10 shirt. You’ll see me in one in Portugal during the Banners Broker European Launch July 7 – 15 (2012). Watch the video to see the entire outfit. Read this blog post to learn how to get paid just to advertise online with Banners Broker.
But this blog post needs a bit more than fancy pictures and videos of football outfits. In case you were wondering… yes this has cost a little bit of money. Is it really worth the money? In a bricks and-mortar-business marketing is all about exposure. People always need products or services, so the more people you reach, the more you will sell. BUT I don’t have a brick-and-mortar business for several reasons: 1. overhead costs, 2. customer attrition and 3. lack of freedom. Moreover, many brick-and-mortar business fail within 5 years. The competition is tough out there and heavy loans are killing many business owners during financial crisis’s.
So what kind of paid advertising would work for you if you want to work from home?
As a home based business owner you shouldn’t waste money on
- advertising in magazines and/or newspapers (successful people don’t read the advertising section in magazines and/or newspapers)
- flyers that you’re randomly handing out (reason for this: random means no targeting, no targeting means a hit-and-miss strategy)
- billboards (nobody is going to call you because they have seen a billboard with your name and phone number on it)
Advertising that works in your home based business is advertising that makes people talk about it.
The following paid advertising strategies will work for everyone:
- targeted online advertising campaigns that give you leads (leads are people who show a natural interest in making money from home)
- sponsoring social events (social means that people talk about it)
Remember that you don’t need to spend money on advertising if you want to build a home based business. However, make sure that you make a good decision if you do decide to pay for advertising. Many people for instance spend several hundreds of dollars on Facebook Ads without even knowing how to do it effectively. So before you go and start an advertising campaign, it’s necessary to learn how it works and how you can maximize your advertising dollars.