If you have no marketing experience whatsoever, you will probably have never heard of the term “reverse marketing”. Well, that’s about to change now. After reading this blog post, you will understand what kind of power reverse marketing has when you use it online for your own home based business.
Reverse marketing is a form of passive marketing that is based on the idea of making the customer seek the firm or product rather than the marketers. This kind of marketing has always existed, but the internet makes it much easier for us, marketers, to use it effectively. Remember when there was no internet and we were looking for a service? We were for looking for a doctor, so we took some kind of a guide and looked for a nearby service. Most people no longer do that these days, instead they just go to our dear friend Google and type in doctor + city. This is just an example. I personally don’t really think that many people look for doctors online, but I have a preoccupation with hospitals and doctors. Hot nurses are also always on my mind!
Reverse Marketing Is All About The Customer Finding You!
In the past businesses relied on television and magazine ads in order to attract people on autopilot. Hence it was almost impossible for individuals to become successful marketers. Knock knock, it’s Avon calling! It has been like that for many years. However, the internet made it possible for independent business owners to get rid of that door-to-door sales person image. Heck, we don’t even have to go from door to door if we don’t want to. Home parties and one-on-one meetings luckily still work very well, but we can also use online reverse marketing strategies to increase our sales. Let’s have a look at the 3 key factors that will play an important role in your reverse marketing success.
Key Elements For Your Reverse Marketing Campaign:
- Attractiveness: make sure that your ads and websites are attractive. When people go shopping, they rather shop in a nice and modern shop instead of in an old and dirty environment. Same thing for online advertising and websites. It’s also important that people don’t get confused on your site because of many different unclear links and unnecessary information. If you’re for instance using social network sites to market an opportunity, don’t blatantly use your own profile as an advertising channel. This won’t attract people because people aren’t on a social network site to buy an opportunity. They are looking for social contact and that’s what you need to provide before selling them something.
- SEO (search engine optimization): make sure that your customers can find you, you need to be visible to the search engines and their users if you want to get top rankings and attract potential customers.
- Advertising: your advertising campaigns need to be targeted (contextually and geographically). Don’t advertise on websites about cars if you are selling a weight loss product. Don’t advertise on Australian websites if you are selling a product that’s only available in the USA.
Although reverse marketing is a type of passive marketing, you can’t expect to achieve instant success while using it. Passive marketing doesn’t always mean that you can just sit back, relax and do absolutely nothing.
2 ways to achieve success with online reverse marketing:
- create massive online advertising campaigns, which will eventually lead you to success
- learn more about SEO, social networking and how to attract customers for free
2 things that aren’t reverse marketing:
- spamming your links all over a social network site like Facebook
- looking for website owners who might be interested in your product and service and then sending them your url through the contact form of their website
If you take your time to educate yourself, you simply can’t fail while using reverse marketing. Sometimes you will be successful, sometimes you will be less successful. Don’t forget that there will be a learning curve if you don’t have any online marketing experience. But don’t let this discourage you; Rome wasn’t built in one day. If you aren’t generating a great residual income yet, you’ll have to put more time into active prospecting and the following blog post will help you to learn how to be a better sales person. So I suggest that you don’t spend too much time on learning more about strategies like reverse marketing if you have to make money fast.