Gone are the days that you didn’t need to build a high quality website in order to get to the top of the search engines. Simply creating a website and building backlinks on a consistent basis certainly doesn’t cut it anymore. From now on, you’ll have to do a little bit more effort to build a high quality website that generates lots of traffic through the search engines. In this blog post I’ll give you some tips on how you can build a high quality website that Google loves.
Tips On How To Build A High Quality Website
There are over 300 factors that play a role in the Google ranking process. Since the Google Panda and Penguin updates some of these factors have become more important due to the fact that low quality websites have lost most of their rankings. So when low quality websites lose ranking, your website needs to be one of high quality in order to gain ranking.
But how can you build that high quality website?
5 Factors That Help You To Build A High Quality Website
- Visitor’s time: this is the time that people spend on your website. Imagine that the average visitor only spends 15 seconds on your website and Google needs to judge the quality of your site. Google will catalogue your site as low quality because obviously readers aren’t finding your content interesting. They even decide to leave your site after 15 seconds. So the longer you can keep your visitors on your site, the more authority your site will gain.
- Internal links: internal links increase the amount of site pages someone visits and the time that is being spend on a particular website. I would recommend to use a maximum of 4 internal links per page. You want to send people to useful information and not just to random pages. If they land on a page that they aren’t interested in, there’s a big chance that they will leave your website. Make sure that it’s obvious where they need to click to get directed to that particular information. The more you lead people towards the things they are looking for, the more authority your site will gain and of course also the better your conversion rates will be.
- Site speed: the faster your site is, the lesser the chance that people will leave it before checking out your content. The speed of your site should be below 5 seconds.
- Backlinks: quantity + quality (on pages with a PageRank of 5 or even higher). If your website has thousands of backlinks, but no high quality backlinks search engines will think it’s dodgy. You need to find a balance between the quantity and the quality of your backlinks. Building thousands of low qualify backlinks without linking to high authority sites will hurt your site more than it will do good.
- DoFollow backlinks: DoFollow backlinks are backlinks that are being followed by Google. These types of backlinks will increase your Google ranking. Read this blog post to learn more about DoFollow backlinks.
Can Social Signals Really Make A Huge Difference When You Want To Build A High Quality Website?
As I stated before, these are a few important factors that are more important these days. After the Google Penguin update, many people also started to believe that social signals would now play a very important role. However, I personally don’t really believe that this will really change the game. The internet has been built in a certain way and not even social networking will have such a big impact that the basics would change. You can read my opinion about this and get more seo information in this blog post.
Learning how to build websites and get valuable traffic to it takes quite a lot of time and requires you to alter your marketing strategies regularly. Nonetheless, once you get the hang of it, it can bring in many sales and/or leads. If you have more useful tips on how to build a high quality website, please feel free to leave a comment behind.